Boards are also being required to go much further than just blindly applying principles and recommendations – since these do not guarantee an effective board. The thinking through and robust and appropriate application of the principles and recommendations in each specific context (sector, business, operational environment, stakeholder universe etc.) is what needs to be addressed in order to build an effective board.
· Introduction to the role of the Board
· Directors Duties and Board Dynamics
· Board Processes and Board Dynamics
· Strategy and Direction – the purpose and vision of the organization
· Corporate Culture – the values upon which the vision runs
· Risk Governance and Oversight
· Overseeing Legal Compliance
· Board Renewal
· Exploring roles, duties, liabilities and responsibilities of board members to enhance board performance and effectiveness;
· Implementing strategic board leadership skills to foster successful strategy execution and performance;
· Ensuring compliance to the range of laws, rules, codes and standards relating to the role of the board;
· Assisting with implementation of any guidelines on transparency and accountability across your board committees;
· Enhancing decision-making that fully takes into account the wide range of legitimate material interests of the full variety of stakeholders;
· Maintaining good relations with shareholders through participatory management and effective communication;
· Overcoming challenges on dealing with conflict of interest in the boardroom to achieve organizational objectives;
· Assessing board evaluation to ensure collective functioning of the board;
· Fostering organizational dynamics to establish better communication between management and board members;
· Evaluating financial terms and concepts essential to board members to conserve the organization’s financial health;
· Reinforcing a culture of accountability and integrity through formulated policies;
· Examining the board’s role in corporate governance and compliance requirements;
· Managing board differences and influencing them to work towards a common goal.
Current and prospective Board Members, Chairpersons, Board Directors, Corporate Secretaries, CEOs, Directors and Senior Management Members.
Date: 10-12 December 2018 Venue: Arusha