BOARD SELF-EVALUATION FOR STATE-OWNED ENTITIES
Any Board Evaluation needs to include robust evaluation of The Individuals, The Team and the Organization. To create an effective Board Evaluation Process requires the involvement and buy-in of all individuals on the team – and also the customization of all elements to match the organization and the team. This will require some up-front time commitments to develop and test the system – as well as to educate all board members on the elements and design of the system.
Given that each organization occupies its own unique space in the market any evaluation process would need to clearly identify;
• Generic evaluation criteria applicable to all organizations, and;
• Unique evaluation criteria applicable specifically to the organization.
Purpose of the workshop
The purpose of any evaluation process and system also needs to be stressed as FIRSTLY aimed at identifying developmental areas for both the individuals and the team and only SECONDLY changes to the composition of the team. The process would aim to identify these developmental areas as well as identify gaps in the team. An evaluation process can be custom designed and deployed at any level in the organization. The workshop provides an overview of the process undertaken to ensure the design and deployment of an appropriate and effective evaluation process.
· Developing a strategic approach to Board Evaluation Process
· Learning the critical area for Board Evaluation
· Understanding the correct process for Individual Board Member Evaluation and Board Committee Evaluation
· Defining your Roles and Responsibilities of Board Members holistically
· Understanding the key elements of evaluation of the Individuals, the Team and the Organization
· Collaborating with your internal stakeholders in developing the most robust evaluation process to cooperate more efficiently and to perform better during following fiscal year
· Gaining knowledge into developing customized evaluation process
· Identifying developmental areas as well as identify gaps in the team
· Analyzing and testing the existing framework based on existing models utilized by other SOE’s
Current and prospective Board Members, Chairman, Presidents, Secretary to the Board of Directors, Chief Compliance Officer, Legal Advisor, Company Secretaries, MDs, CEOs, Chief Financial Officer, Corporate Governance Officer, Audit Committee Members, Corporate Counsel, Senior Company Management, Investors and Fund Managers, Analysts, Regulators, Securities Exchange Officials, Lawyers & Legislators
Date: 25th to 27th October, 2017 Venue: Arusha
|Course date:||25-10-2017 8:00 am|
|Course End Date:||27-10-2017 4:00 pm|