Fundamental of Utility Tariff Setting ( Water, Electricity , Petroleum and Natural Gas) in Tanzania
Utility tariff for public services affects the welfare of communities, resource allocation, as well as the financial performances of public utilities. One objective of utility tariff setting is to ensure that tariff obtains adequate revenue for the public utility to meet its financial obligations including operations and maintenance costs, debt service, protect the interests of consumers, taxes, and returns on equity. Given that tariffs setting and computations involves the complex and diverse variables such as Acts and Regulations, Principles and other economic factors. This workshop has been designed to Board Members aimed at refreshing participants able to share principles and practice in examining pricing structure for promoting investments processes. In addition focuses to ensure that board members are conversant on transmissions systems and costs, distribution tariffs, but take into account the rights of the consumers.
At the end of the sessions, participants will be able to answer these questions
· How does Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority Acts (Cap 414) and its Regulations or Petroleum Acts Cap 392 facilitate or control price settings ?
· What are general principles and factors of setting tariffs rates in Tanzania ( Water, Electricity Petroleum, and Natural Gas);
· How to conduct price reviews, compute end customer tariff and its rate structures from a utility’s perspective;
· What are options for improving affordability and reducing subsidies; categorizing costs: customer costs, volumetric and demand/capacity costs in Water, Gas and Petroleum;
· What are common challenges and best practices in utility (electricity, water and gas) tariffs rates and pricing and innovative ideas for addressing them.
The workshop will be conducted via PowerPoint presentations, analyses of short case studies, discussion and writing action plan exercises.
Board Members and Management Team of the Utility Service Providers and Regulatory Authority.
Date:23rd–25th September 2019
|Course date:||23-09-2019 8:00 am|
|Course End Date:||25-09-2019 4:00 pm|