Women face unique challenges for success. It is a fact that in many developing countries culture and social conditioning has not enabled women to unleash their full potential especially in leadership roles. Today in a world environment that is becoming increasingly globalised, uncertain and unpredictable, the importance of effective leadership cannot be ignored. Women are now entering the work place in unprecedented numbers and now beginning to hold high executive and leadership positions in all sectors.
This workshop is designed to equip women leaders with the skills needed to think and behave strategically. It focuses on understanding organizational culture, developing organizational savvy and examining the sources of power to lead change initiatives. It includes lessons from successful women, discussions of values, assumptions and leadership behaviors and the ingredients of transformational leadership.
Apart from unlearning the traditional mindsets and social conditioning, women leaders also need to empower other women to continuously improve and push the limits that have been placed on their full participation in the workplace. Women need to know that they can be very effective in the higher levels of leadership and have to appreciate that they are good at what they do, and that their greatest opportunity is that they can choose what they want to be, only by investing in the necessary core competencies, attitude and skills.
Participants will be able to:-
• To enhance knowledge and understanding of leadership and strategic management in view of the new challenges leaders face today;
• To explore the different managerial and leadership styles, personal values and uses of power in the organization;
• To examine their own leadership skill-set necessary for enhancement to be more effective strategically and operationally;
• To understand the significance of relationship management and networking skills in order to be an effective leader, handle better some of the special challenges facing women in leadership roles;
• To recognize self-limiting behaviors and attitudes and act with more confidence and self-belief;
• To be aware of the impact of inspiring vision and relating it to the moment s of truth in delivering service;
• To apply techniques for increasing their visibility and impact;
• To create support to sustain their progress beyond the course.
Date: 6th to 10th May 2019 Venue: Arusha, Tanzania
Duration and Method
5 days. Alternation of short “theory” sequences with group discussions/presentations, role-plays, dialogues and exciting activities.
Top Women Executives, Directors, Managers and Senior Officers in leadership position and those being groomed to take leadership roles.