Internal auditing is a profession that’s always evolving, always changing, especially in the area of risk-based audit approaches. Successful audit leaders know that it’s imperative that they continue to hone their skills in guiding their organizations’ risk-based auditing, while improving their current internal audit processes.
Furthermore, participants will come to understand the importance of corporate governance and enterprise risk management, while learning to identify risks, perform risk assessments, develop a risk-based assurance plan, understand entity-wide controls, and plan a risk-based engagement, this course will help audit team leaders and other management level audit professionals align their organizations’ strategies, visions, and values with the internal audit process.
· Identify the value of internal auditing.
· Define internal auditing.
· Describe the internal audit standards.
· Discuss risk-based auditing in organizations.
· Define corporate governance.
· Identify the various aspects of corporate governance.
· Define enterprise risk management (ERM) and risk.
· Identify the difference between inherent and residual risk.
· Identify the categories of risk.
· Identify the elements of COSO control and COSO ERM frameworks.
· Identify the process for performing an entity-wide risk assessment.
· Define business process.
· Identify the process of developing an audit plan.
· Identify the process of performing a risk-based engagement.
· Identify the guidelines for reporting the results of a risk-based audit engagement
Chief Internal Auditors, Chief Financial Officer, Audit Committee Members, Director, Managers, Chief Accountant, Project Manager, Internal Auditors, External Auditors, Accountants and Audit Consultancy.
……..Over 15 years’ experience in auditing, finance, risk management and fraud examination in Tanzania. Profession Chartered Accountant, Governance, Risk Management and Assurance Expert, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Government Auditor Professional (CGAP), Certified in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA), ISO 31000 Certified Lead Trainers, Certified in Control Self-Assessment (CCSA), Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA).