FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT FOR NON FINANCIAL MANAGER: A Video conference based course
The course is designed to demystify financial information and help enhance effectiveness in decision making. It intends to equip non-finance managers with the necessary skills and techniques of accounting and finance related issues in order to enable them contribute effectively and efficiently to the accomplishment of organizational objectives. Participants will emerge from the course with an understanding of the content of financial statements, how to analyze and interpret financial data, the importance of cash flow and matching budgets to realistic targets and explore how to accurately evaluate capital expenditure.
At the end of the course participants are expected to:
1. Understand basic accounting principles and financial management
2. Read and Understand financial statements
3. Learn to read and analyze a set of organization’s accounts;
4. Apply the information in financial statements in decision making and in control of their operations activities;
5. Evaluate business proposals and projects;
6. Understand modern budgeting and budgetary control approaches.
7. Analyze and Interpret financial statements;
8. Integrate your strategic direction into your budgets and use it as a tool for measuring and managing performance.
Proposed Duration and Method:
The course is designed to last 15 hours in total. It will run for five days, three hour per sessions, one session a day, with emphasis on real cases – examples of real cases.
Fees: Tshs 750,000 cover tuition fees and course material. Participants are expected to meet their travel and accommodation costs while attending the course. Certificates will be issued at the end of the course. Absentees will be charged the full course fees.
Target Audience: Non Finance Executives, Managers, Senior Officers and individuals from both the Public and Private sectors who wish to develop a financial toolkit to complement their existing professional or technical skills.
|Course date:||28-05-2018 9:00 am|
|Course End Date:||01-06-2018 1:00 pm|
|Location||Tanzania Global Learning Agency (TaGLA)|